Educational Tools for Better Money Management*
It’s hard to enjoy life when we’re worried about money. View our tips, resources, and websites to help you stay on a healthy financial path.
- Seven Steps to Better Money Management
- Eight Simple Steps for Balancing your Checkbook
- Effective Strategies for Saving
- Debt Reduction Strategies
- Personal Budget Planning
- Pay It Down by Jean Sherman Chatzky
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D. and William D. Danko
- How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt and Live Prosperously by Jerrold Mundis
- Credit Card Debt: Reduce Your Financial Burden in Three Easy Steps by Alexander Daskaloff
- Slash Your Debt - Save Money and Secure Your Future by Gerri Detweiler, Marc Eisenson, and Nancy Castleman
- 9 Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying by Suze Orman
Site provides 10 Steps to Financial Fitness and tips for creating budgets and establishing savings. Features a Savings Calculator and test to help you gauge your current financial situation.
This site provides a free download Debt Reduction Calculator that allows you to determine the amounts you should be paying towards each of your debts and calculates the money you will save by paying your debts in the recommended order. Additionally, the program tells you when each of your debts will be paid off.
This is the home site for the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, a national non-profit network of 1,450 Member agencies designed to provide assistance to people dealing with stressful financial situations. The site provides links and information for financial counseling, debt planner tools, and other helpful websites.
*The references and links below are for informational purposes only and provided to you as an additional tool to assist you with money management.